Financial losses are common to everyone. Going through financially tough times can lead to drastic consequences. Federal government understands that without timely intervention and help in the form of bankruptcy, many people will continue spiraling down the financial mess. However, you have to decide what the last straw before filing for bankruptcy is. It is important to understand that with insurmountable debt, you will require more time to come out of the situation.
The U.S. Bankruptcy Code was created to help those people who made an honest mistake and due to unfortunate circumstances have amassed a debt which they aren’t in a position to pay back. Irrespective of the reason behind your financial problems (sudden unemployment, huge medical bills, etc.), you can find there are federal laws which offer respite to you and help you gain financial independence again, prompting you to look ahead in life.
Though many of us may realize the financial issues plaguing us, it might be difficult to gauge the extent to which the damage is. You could consult bankruptcy lawyers for assistance regarding your financial predicament. Lawyers of Sacramento based law firm Recovery Law Group provide you a list of questions to ask yourself to understand your position with respect to the bankruptcy filing. These questions help you develop a better grasp of your financial position and its effects on your life.
- Are you aware of how much debt you owe?
- Are you worried about making payments every month?
- Are you using credit cards to take care of your daily expenses and necessities?
- Are you able to make minimum payments on your credit card balances?
- Are you being contacted by debt collection agencies or bill collectors?
- Are you avoiding any collection attempts being made to collect dues?
- Have you faced symptoms like repossession, eviction, foreclosure, utility shutoffs or wage garnishments due to your unclear debts?
- Do you feel like having lost control over your finances?
If you are able to identify these situations, it means you are having severe monetary problems and require financial assistance. Though bankruptcy may create frightening images in your mind, it is one of the best ways to get you out of this unwanted situation. Consult bankruptcy lawyer to understand the procedure and take control of your finances.