Are you in debt and need immediate help for getting rid of the circumstances? Well, there are many ways out of which the wisest and easiest one is to file for bankruptcy. This method will help you to get a large part of your debts sorted and can also help you to get back on track to a normal life. However, you alone cannot file bankruptcy as one needs to know every minute detail of bankruptcy-related laws and rules while filing for bankruptcy. This is so because a plan that worked for someone need not necessarily work in your situation too. Hence here comes the role of a good bankruptcy attorney. Thus it is always recommended to consult a well-learned bankruptcy attorney before filing for bankruptcy as doing so will reduce down your efforts and also help you in getting through this complicated process with minimum friction. If you are also looking for any such guidance you can visit the website Recovery Law Group or call 888-297-6203 to get the best attorney in Los Angeles. However, there are certain things that you must know before going to a bankruptcy attorney and these things are enlisted below:
- A bankruptcy attorney would not persuade you to file for bankruptcy
A well-practiced attorney knows when to suggest its client to file for bankruptcy and when not depending on his or her financial status. He or she will also be able to guide you on whether you should file bankruptcy under chapter 7 or chapter 13 based on your details and eligibility. Moreover, if not filing bankruptcy, he/ she can also suggest the best alternative options available for you to get rid of your indebted situation.
- The attorney will guide you on which chapter you must choose for filing bankruptcy
As you might know, that there are majorly two chapters for filing bankruptcy namely chapter 7 (called liquidation bankruptcy) and chapter 13 (gives repayment plans). On one side the chapter 7 sweeps away most of your debts but involves a rigorous eligibility criterion, whereas the chapter 13 on the other side provides you the best possible plan to repay your debts in the next few years. If you feel like filing for bankruptcy is the best option for you but confused about the chapter, then you must consult a bankruptcy attorney who has a sound knowledge related to it. This will prevent you from making the wrong decision.
- The bankruptcy will tell you the most appropriate time to proceed
Many people are unaware of the fact that the time of filing for bankruptcy can also impact your financial peril. This is why it is always better to hire a bankruptcy attorney who can guide you as to when will be the most suitable time for you to file bankruptcy. He/ she will guide you about what will be the perfect time to pay back your personal debts and for tax filings.
- A bankruptcy attorney makes suggestions only after hearing your entire case
A bankruptcy attorney firstly listens to the entire status of the debts and account balances of its clients. This is an important part of the process so that the best option for you can be drawn by the attorney which will fetch maximum benefits to you. This can help you get rid of various loans and debts in the upcoming future.
- the fees of the attorney depend on his/ her experience
Generally, an indebted person will try to hire the bankruptcy attorney who works for minimum fees. This choice based on minimum fees is quite obvious for anyone going through bad financial conditions. However, it is advised not to choose compulsively in such cases as its result will decide your future financial situation. Hence it is always recommended to hire a good attorney instead of a cheap one as he can assist you by providing the best options and thus help you to get rid of your debts in a shortest possible span of time.
What are your duties as a debtor towards your bankruptcy attorney?
Here is a list of few things you must do being a debtor to extract the best outcome for your situation:
- Be inquisitive and ask questions- once you hire an attorney, you must ask him about everything related to your case and how his experience can be of use to you. You must learn as much as possible from him related to bankruptcy and the procedures required for filing it.
- Be clear about the attorney’s fee beforehand- next, you must make sure that the attorney you are going to hire is worth the fees you are going to pay to him. Apart from his regular fees, you must also know what will he/ she cost for handling any expected unwanted situation that arises in your case in the future.
- Openly tell the attorney about your present condition and the history of your case- it must be clear to you that you should not have any resentment while sharing your present financial status with your bankruptcy attorney. It is quite important to be crystal clear about each and every minute detail of your case and keep all the information related to it in front of the attorney as it is. This will reduce any kind of complications in your case and help you to get the best way of getting rid of your debts in the shortest possible time.
- You must have all the documents– it is always needed to support your quoted facts with valid documents. This gives reliability and authenticity to your case and helps your attorney to work out your case in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Maintain a good relationship with your attorney- although it is obvious for an indebted person to act hyper at times of extensive questioning you must understand that it is in your favor only. Hence you must patiently cooperate with your attorney and give an answer to each of the questions that will help him to evaluate your case more properly.